A dork is a “a dull, slow-witted, or socially inept person.” And Karate and Kobudo seems to have an endless supply of them. Here’s a short list on how to stay one.
- Believe that the answer to your problems is more kihon
- Go to practice once a week and expect to get better
- Spend more time on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter than researching and training
- Visit Okinawa and do more time sightseeing than being in the dojo
- Read everything on Karate-do and Kobudo but keep arguing with successful and skilled students about how you’re right and everyone else is wrong